200-HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING COURSE
This course will enable and guide you in your exploration of your personal yogic path and introduce you to a potential journey as a yoga teacher.
Preksha Yoga is rooted in the traditional practice of Hatha Yoga while embracing innovation of the current day, conducting inclusive teachings on yoga asanas, philosophy, anatomy, physiology, mantra chanting, chakras, ayurveda, mudras, kriya, pranayama and meditation.
We are heavily focused on teaching methodology and techniques to ensure our students merge from their ttc into the professional world of yoga as competent, self-assured, poised newly qualified teachers.
Our teachers here at Preksha Yoga aim to bring about a transformational change in their students. With knowledge, skill, patience and empathy they help every student achieve the divinity of yoga.
By enrolling on this course, we will enable and guide you in your exploration of your personal yogic path and introduce you to a potential journey as a yoga teacher.
What you will learn
- 200 hours of intensive Hatha Yoga training over 25 days.
- A well-rounded understanding of 150+ yoga asanas, yogic philosophy, anatomy, physiology, mantra chanting, chakras, ayurveda, mudras, kriya, pranayama and meditation.
- Teaching methodology for multiple asanas to enable you to compose sequences.
- Build confidence as a yoga teacher due to comprehensive teaching methodology class and hands on teaching throughout the course.
- Experience the traditional yogic lifestyle in an authentic yoga ashram in Goa, India.
What you will get
After completion of the course you will receive an internationally recognised yoga teacher certification.
Mantras and Chanting
- Practiced daily.
- Twice daily practice.
- What is meditation, how do we meditate, why we do it and its benefits.
- Introduction to various methods of meditation.
- Meaning Company of Truth; in the company of your teachers and fellow peers you are given the opportunity to ask and discuss any questions you may have.
Shatkriyas (Cleansing rituals)
- The different types of shatkriys and what they are.
- Why we use them.
Their effects and benefits.
- What is Pranayama.
- What is Prana?
- The different types of Pranayama and when do we use them; Nadishodhan, Sheetail, Shitkari, Bhramari, Ujjayi, Bhastrika, Suryabheda, Moorchha.
- Techniques of Pranayama.
- Why we practice Pranayama.
- Pranayama effects and benefits.
Physical Practice/ Asana Practice
- Develop your personal practice.
- 180 Classical Yoga poses including 84 beginnerss asanas and 35 advanced asanas shall be covered during your asana practice.
- Daily hands on modifications and variations given during your asana practice. All modifications given are specific to your body anatomy.
- Observation and feedback given on your practice to help improve your posture and alignment. Corrections, modifications and variations will be given.
Teaching Skill, Technique and Methodology
- Hands on teaching from day one. You will teach fellow students from the first day of your course, slowly building your confidence and expertise, preparing you for real world teaching.
- Experienced teachers will demonstrate and guide you through teaching methodologies, principles and how to instruct a class.
- Experienced teachers will demonstrate and guide you on how to adjust, modify and correctly align students.
- How to teach a class safely. Addressing and preventing injury.
- Teaching styles and the presence of a teacher in a class.
- Students will undergo daily observation on their teaching progress and be given constructive feedback.
Specialist Teaching Techniques:
- Children’s Yoga.
- Pregnancy yoga.
- Gentle Yoga.
Vedic and Yogic philosophy and history
The 4 paths of yoga
- Karma yoga
- Jnana yoga
- Bhakti yoga
- Raja yoga
Yogic diet and nutrition
Introduction to Ayurveda
- Basic understanding and speaking of the English language
- 18 years old or over
- Prior knowledge and experience of any style of yoga will be helpful
- Should not be pregnant
- A desire to grow and learn
Satsang, Meditation, Chanting Mantras
Lecture (Philosophy, Anatomy)
Facilities at the Ashram
- Dining Area
- Multilingual Staff
- Yoga Shala (School)
- Internet Access
- Parking Lot
- Environment Friendly
- Meditation Garden
- Airport Transfers
- Dry Cleaning