300-HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING COURSE
This course will enable and guide you in your exploration of your personal yogic path and introduce you to a potential journey as a yoga teacher.
Preksha Yoga is rooted in the traditional practice of Hatha Yoga while embracing innovation of the current day, conducting inclusive teachings on yoga asanas, yoga sutra, philosophy, anatomy, physiology, mantra chanting, chakras, ayurveda, mudras, kriya, advanced pranayama and variation meditation techniques.
We are heavily focused on teaching methodology and techniques to ensure our students merge from their ttc into the professional world of yoga as competent, self-assured, poised newly qualified teachers.
Our teachers here at Preksha Yoga aim to bring about a transformational change in their students. With knowledge, skill, patience and empathy they help every student achieve the divinity of yoga.
Our 300-hour Teacher Training Course is a 26 day intensive study program, which is intended to give you a greater depth of knowledge which was achieved during the foundations of your 200-hour course.
Students must have completed a 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Course in any style to enroll in the 300-hour TTC.
This course will focus mainly on advanced philosophy and advanced asana practice. By enrolling on this course, we will take you further along your personal yogic path and take you deeper into your journey as a teacher, helping you advance professionally.
After completion, you will be able to register as RYT 500 with Yoga Alliance or any other Yoga Federation.
What you will learn
- Advancement in Hatha yoga asanas and variations
- Advancement in skill set on asana teaching and correction techniques
- Ayurveda and Yoga
- Effective sequencing and how to teach
- Vinyasa flow
- How to teach Meditation
- Deeper understanding of yoga philosophy
- A greater understanding of Yoga
- Anatomy and Physiology and how it effects the practice
- Daily practice of pranayama and bandhas
- Personal guidance to promote your personal practice and growth as a teacher
What you will get
After completion of the course you will receive an internationally recognised yoga teacher certification.
- 84 classical Hatha yoga asanas in-depth.
- 84 advanced yoga asanas.
- Effective sequencing
- Daily practice of advanced Pranayama
- Daily practice of advanced breathing exercises
- Daily practice of Kriyas
- Guided practice and use of the three bandhas
- Bhagavad Gita
- Yoga sutras of Patanjali
- Deeper understanding of yogic philosophy concepts
Anatomy and Physiology
During our 300-hour yoga teacher training you will learn practical yoga anatomy and physiology in detail. You will gain the appropriate level of understanding of anatomy and physiology, of which can be applied in your classes and in turn improve your own practice as well your teaching and correction skills.
Some of the topics covered are:
- Detailed Musculoskeletal system
- Anatomy of main Hatha yoga asanas
- Physiology of main yoga asanas
- Physiology of breathing
- Physiology of stretching
- Common yoga injuries
- Injury prevention
- Modifications for common back injuries
- Endocrine system
- Chakra anatomy
- Revision of teaching techniques of 84 beginner’s asanas
- Teaching techniques for 84 advanced asanas
- Teaching advanced Hatha yoga & Vinyasa flow yoga
- Learning how to structure a class
- How to sequence a class
- How to customise a class
- Advanced modifications techniques
- How to teach Meditations
- Teaching different meditation techniques
- Organising and preparing various retreats and workshops
- Classical meditation techniques
- Chakra purification meditations
- Five element purification meditations
Advanced yoga teacher training course is suitable for those who are:
- A graduate of a 200-hour yoga teacher training course, from a RYS 200 registered yoga school.
- Physically and mentally fit to follow intensive teacher training.
- Not pregnant.
- Ready to adopt to lifestyle of the yoga ashram.
Serious yoga practitioner.
Kriyas / Pranayama
Satsang, Meditation, Chanting Mantras
Lecture (Philosophy, Anatomy)
Advanced Asana Class